Our research shows consistently high levels of concern amongst students in further and higher education...
We've been tracking attitudes and opinions about climate change amongst students in further and higher eduation since 2014, mirroring research that is conducted nationally by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. Our research shows that:
- Across all waves of research respondents have consistently shown high levels of concern about climate change, with a majority saying they are fairly or very concerned.
- Concern among student respondents is significantly higher than in research conducted across the UK population as a whole.
- Student respondents also show increasing levels of concern when considering whether climate change will affect them personally.
- The majority of respondents believe the UK is already feeling the effects of climate change.
- Respondents show a strong desire for action from government on climate change.
You can find full details of the research in our report.