Join us for an inspiring one-day event of talks, workshops, and networking filled with all things sustainable food; from growing and eating to making and selling. Meet other students, officers and staff from across the UK who are passionate about creating a just and sustainable food system.
Agenda highlights include:
- Beginners and advanced workshops from ‘no dig’ organic gardening guru Charles Dowding
- A keynote speech from Natalie Bennett, former Green Party leader and current Green Party life peer in the house of Lords. Natalie Bennett has a degree in Agricultural sciences and a background in journalism.
- A look at food systems with a lively panel focusing on ‘eating in a climate and nature emergency’, and sessions around food poverty and food surplus.
For more information view our agenda and Book your tickets NOW!
When and where?
5th November 2019 at Sheffield Students' Union
Who should attend?
Students, staff and SU officers who have an interest in sustainable food – whether growing on campus, running a sustainable food enterprise or just being able to access affordable, healthy and ethical food whilst studying or working.
This year we are holding the Student Eats Conference the day after the Student Sustainability Summit (agenda), so if you’re interested in wider sustainability on campus come to both days for a discounted rate.
How much does it cost?
Student Eats Conference - £40
Two day ticket (Student Eats Conference plus Student Sustainability Summit) - £55
Book your tickets NOW!
- Colleges are entitled to TWO free places per union. Please email us now for the discount code.
- Student Eats enterprises are entitled to TWO free places per enterprise.
- Student Eats free growing members can win a free ticket by being in the 1st 10 to book their space. If you'd like to be in with a chance to win join our growing network here.
Book your tickets NOW as places are limited! View our agenda