Each year winners of the special awards at each organisation are automatically entered into our National Special Awards. You can see who were our 2017-18 National Special Award winners here; https://sustainability.nus.org.uk/articles/our-green-impact-special-awards-winners-are
However, as we have two exciting new partners, we are reopening nominations! Local winners are able to be put forward, but we also know that there are teams in organisations who might be eligible for these national awards but where maybe not all awards were claimed locally, or where special awards are not in place. We want these people and teams to also have a chance to be recognised as a Green Impact national award winner, and a sustainability leader.
There are five award categories you can nominate in;
• Year of Green Action Special Award for Community Engagement to recognise an activity or project which has had a positive impact on the wider community
• Student Leadership Award, in association with IEMA to recognise an individual student who has championed sustainability as part of Green Impact
• Sustainability Improvement Award to recognise an innovative action that has demonstrated an improvement to overall sustainability
• Innovation for Engagement Award to recognise exceptional activity to engaged others in sustainability
• Environmental Hero Award to recognise an individual who has demonstrated themselves as a true Environmental Hero
This year, we introduce two exciting partners for the Special Awards:
The Community Engagement Special Award is in association with Year of Green Action. Recognising that nature is our greatest inheritance, the government’s 25 Year Environment Plan sets out what it will do to protect and enhance the environment within a generation and connect people more deeply with nature. 2019 has been designated a Year of Green Action - a year-long drive to help everyone get involved in projects that support nature under the three themes of Connect, Protect and Enhance. Make your pledge to take green action, share your inspirational stories and find out how to get involved at https://www.yearofgreenaction.org/
The Student Leadership Special Award is in association with IEMA. As you may be aware, our Green Impact student auditor training is IEMA-approved which is always an appealing and valuable aspect for students attending the training, making IEMA a perfect partner for the Student Leadership award.
To nominate for a National Special Award please complete this online form by the 23rd August; https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DKS2N8T